Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Altec 19

  1. #1
    Inactive Member run's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello,

    I'm new to this board. I have a pair of Altec 19's that have been completely updated with the exception of the inductors on the crossover. Does anyone have a schematic for the 19 crossover? I would be more than willing to pay for a copy and your time to copy it. I contacted Bill at Gret Plains, but his copy does not mention the mH, or the DCR (ohms)of the inductors.

    Regards,

    Pat McDermott

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Fitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi and welcome to the board. You mention that you are updating the crossover components. I can understand replacing capacitors because they do change as they age but inductors are inductors and there is virtually nothing about them that can change over time. I suggest that if you have updated and refreshed everything else in the crossover that the original inductors will be just fine.

    Just my 2 cents worth,

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Generally, folks replace the inductors to get rid of the iron core type. They are replaced with air core inductors.
    As for the values, I don't know if they were ever published.
    You might have to measure them with a good inductance bridge. DCR is of course easy to measure.
    Ron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.